See how tender and juicy that is?
These are nothing more than broiled portobello mushroom caps. When I first made these I thought I tasted something familiar. It took me a while to realize that they tasted soo soo much like grilled chicken! Even the portobello stems resembled dried chicken breast!
* 2 portobello mushroom caps with stems, separated
* Olive oil cooking spray
* Seasonings of choice: poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast
1. Put your oven high on broil.
2. Use a damp paper towel to wipe off any dirt from the mushroom caps and stems
3. Remove the guilds from the caps with a spoon and split each stem in half, lengthwise.
4. Sprinkle seasoning(s) of choice.
5. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet-cap side down-lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
6. Let them broil in the oven for 9-12 minutes or until tender.
After you take them out of the oven, you'll see that the mushrooms look more like dark meat :)