Friday, February 22, 2013

Easiest Gingersnap Recipe


This recipe is so quick and easy, that if I really wanted to sound corny I'd name this post "Gingersnaps in a Snap". Teehees Get it? :D





Ingredients:
*18 deglet noor dates (or any other soft whole date that makes up about 1 cup)
* 1/2-5/8 teaspoon of ground ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Add everything into a food processor or blender (I used my Magic Bullet) and mix until smooth. The dates should be thick and cookie dough-like.
2. Slightly wet your hands, then roll the date and spice mixture into balls and flatten them with the palm of your hand to shape them into cookies.
3. Let them sit in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. If you freeze them overnight, thaw for 2-5 mins before serving.

Fun Tip: If you have cookie cutters, you can shape them into gingerbread men! (Who cares if it's not Christmas?)


I don't plan on sharing these.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment